Nestled in the beautiful mountains of North Shrewsbury, VT. is a piece of Vermont history. First opened as a General Store in 1865, the Pierce family ran the store for most of the 20th century, eventually bequeathing it to the Preservation Trust of Vermont. The Trust, in an effort to continue operations, put out a call for proposals and a group of Shrewsbury residents stepped up, took the challenge and founded what is now known as The Shrewsbury Cooperative at Pierce's Store. Known by locals simply as Pierce's, today you will find:
- Freshly baked goods, grab-and-go sandwiches and salads
- Groceries, bulk foods, local meats & cheeses, maple syrup and coffee - Conventional, Local and Organic.
- Beer, wine, juice, soft drinks and snacks
- A local consignment area, full of handcrafted goods made by Shrewsbury artisans.
- Special sales opportunities - (visit our specials page)
- Multiple 'garage' events like Wine Tastings, Beer Tastings, Blueberry Festivals, Chili Cookoffs and more (visit our events page)
Come in for a visit and chat with our staff and volunteers about this unique cooperative general store. We hope to see you soon!
2658 Northam Road, Shrewsbury, VT 05738 802-492-3326 firstname.lastname@example.org